Thursday 9 June 2011

Getting ready for the Gippsland 3 day tour

Today I have been readying myself for the Gippsland 3 Day Tour. I restrained myself to a vary gentle coffee ride down Beach Rd with a stop at Cafe Racer. This will will be my first multi-day race and racing in B grade will be tough with a total of 190kms over 3 days. 


Stage 1  2 laps (total 51km) with KOM and sprints on laps 1 & 2.
Stage 2  8.77km Individual Time Trial:
Stage 3  4 laps (total 68km) with KOM on laps 2, 3 & 4 and sprints on laps 1, 2 & 3
Stage 4  2 laps (Total 60km) with KOM and sprint on laps 1 & 2.

 Here is my check list:
- Avanti Quantum with a rear cassette suitable for the conditions
- Garmin 500 bike computer fully charged 
- Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer to warm up on for the time trial
- Spares include tyres, tubes, cassette & a few basic tools (pumps, allen keys etc)
- Clean cycling kit (s) including cold/wet weather gear 
- Freshly shaved legs (I feel this is the most important item)
- Food products include sports drinks, gels, muesli bars and protein powders
- Chamois cream provided by Aussie Butt Cream
- And Most importantly the camera to take photos off the race 

No comments:

Post a Comment