Sunday 27 March 2011

Gippsland Crit Championships B Grade

Pack fill: to be part of the larger pack or peloton; to participate in a bike race for the sake of participation; or to give the eventual winners someone to beat.


It wasn't this bad, but B grade had a strong field with more experienced and stronger riders. You know your in trouble when one of the competitors has a bike that matches his kit. It was a great fun though and I feel I rode strong, always with a chance no matter how slim it may have been.

I had a couple of dips without much success, but hopefully it hurt cause I was. The pace was on with a solid 39km/h average including some laps surging up to 45km/h. I unfortunately went prematurely on the last lap and was content to roll in behind the winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment